Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break.....

You know, I was thinking. Spring break just isn't what it used to be. What the hell is spring break and why the hell is there a spring break? I mean seriously, probably 95+% of all Americans do not get any sort of spring break, so why have it? I know one thing, spring break doesn't mean a damn thing to me! Heck even when I was in college I didn't get a spring break, I went home and worked my ass off packing and moving people's shit so I would have enough beer money to drink on till the semester was over. What the hell, I think I still do this! Who can relate? Can I get a "Hell yeah!"

My apologies, I digress.

Has anyone figured out how the Israelites shaved themselves thousands of years before any sort of razor was invented? Not I, feel free to discuss.

Fortunately Kate and I are back to 100% and healthy again. I had a month from the beginning of February to the middle of March where I felt like total crap. First it was the congestion and cough, which took like 5 weeks to get over the cough. Then last week I got the stomach flu. That was the worst stomach flu I think I have ever had. I have never thrown up like that in my life, miserable. I could have shit through a screen door from 20ft! Cranking on all 8 cylinders now, thank GOD!

Headed to the Texas Hill Country down to the ranch this weekend with Kate and the pups for a well needed rest and break from the real world. We both feel so relaxed and away from the junk of the real world when we are down at the ranch, alone and with just hanging out with each other. If you have been there, I think you'll know what I mean. Easter with the Branch and Brannies family is going to great, really looking forward to it.

I seriously think the Cubs are going to KICK ASS this year. The core of the team is back and with the addition of the left handed bat in the lineup with this Japanese dude named Fukedome, it is really going to be tough to pitch around Lee and Ramirez. I think Wood will win the closer role and the bullpen is going to be SOLID with Marmol. Marmol is a freaking animal. I hope he didn't pitch too much in the Dominican in the winter league. Cubs in the Series this year, will they win it all? Who knows.....

OK enough rambling. Happy spring break, war Cubbies 2008....

Drink a beer, I'm out...

T

3 comments:

Luke...Heidi...Brooke....Jake said...

Did you just drop a "Fukedome" bomb? I would agree about spring break. No need for it although probably more me being jealous than me not wanting it to exist.

theoldfartat play said...

Spring break is what you make it!! Just like LIFE!! The Israelites shaved with stones, and I KNOW what you mean by going to the farm and chillin!!! Stillwater is like that for us!! Also, the stomach flu WAS the worst yet!!! As for your Cubs, THAT is where I say WHO THE HELL CARES!!!! Keep em comin Todd!!!

Anonymous said...

dude, you say that every year about the cubs. you are a true fan and i hope you're right!

great description of the poo ejection. classic! next time post pix! r..e..m..r..e..d..r..o..c..k..s..